Saturday 13 October 2012

Diamonds Are Forever

So ages ago, I was asked to scent Diamonds are Forever. This year is the 50th anniversary of James Bond- and I was asked by Mark Daniels, of New Media Scotland, to scent Inspace while the film played. Jonathan Prior of 12 Gates to the City is doing some sound stuff, and I roped Paul Tvaroh from Lounge Bohemia into his second gig at Inspace in less than a week (the 1st being, Gorilla on Tour- The Golden Hour: Infused and Bemused where he provided his edible perfume cocktails). 
Because of a slight visa hiccup, I can't physically BE at the event, though I've sent notes to one of my favourite assistants, Erica Edwards of Everything Is Imagined. It's handy for the fellas working too- they don't have to remember another name!

Last night while I made the last notes on my to-do list, Paul Tvaroh and I skyped while he finished the drinks he made. He's in at The Missoni Hotel and rather than kick back and enjoy the luxury, he instead was making these. I won't give the surprise away, however, working with a sharp knife, in just under 24 hrs, he has made 360 of what you see in the photo. Each requires 12 precise cuts. So in total, he was up cutting 3920 cuts in Mark's cocktail surprise. (It's Mark's birthday also, and I'm very sad not to be there).


-->